African Crocodile Cage Dive Experience
Normal price: R750 | What you get: Single entry
Get a close, adrenaline-pumping encounter with Africa’s apex predator, the African crocodile, on a cage diving adventure at Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm.
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast or lunch at the farm café prior to the dive
- Dive in crystal clear water with several of the farm’s fierce Nile crocodiles
- Underwater photographer captures photos and a video of the experience for you to re-live later
African Crocodile Cage Diving at Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm is an adrenaline-pumping adventure, which allows you to have a close encounter with Africa’s apex predators.
You will get a close look at their thick tails, strong jaws and jagged teeth while you enjoy the thrill of feeding time.
The African crocodile was hunted almost to the point of extinction from the 1940s through to the 1960s. A number of international protection programmes, and with the establishment of places like Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm, the numbers have increased in most areas.
The farm is a family-run and has remained in the family for generations and has over 1000 crocs in the dams.
Advise for visitors
The Croc dive is for the whole family, however if you are brave enough, try the hair-raising night dive. You do not need dive qualifications, however you do need to bring along is a cozzie and a change of clothes.
There are a many activities that can be enjoyed on the farm such as:
- Guided croc pond tours, where you may even get the opportunity to hold a baby crocodile
- Fishing in the dams
- Don’t forget about the picnic baskets that can be enjoyed while relaxing on the lawn.
Did you know
- The African crocodile is known as one of South Africa’s most fierce apex predators;
- They prefer to eat fish however they will attack anything unfortunate enough to get in their way
- They are incredibly caring parents, most reptiles abandon their eggs; however the crocodiles guard their eggs until they hatch and;
- They often roll the eggs gently to help hatching babies emerge.
Daily: 10:00 – 15:00
Tours run on the hour starting at 10:00, with the last tour at 15:00
Closed: Christmas Day and Boxing Day
Telephone: +27 (0)79 927 8309
African Crocodile Cage Diving, Babylonstoren Road, R45, Simondium, Paarl