Normal Price: R460
What you get: 25% Off (excludes entry to the park)
- Full day tour around the Cape Peninsula
- Boulders Beach and its thousands of African penguins. Entrance to the Boulder Beach Penguins is excluded from the pass.
- Hike to the Cape of Good Hope inside the Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Funicular to the Cape Point light house (ticket for the funicular is excluded)
About the Cape Point Explorer Tour
The Cape Point Explorer is a guided day tour to Cape Point in a luxury air-conditioned coach, operated by City Sightseeing South Africa. You will explore this spectacular nature reserve (part of the Cape Floral Kingdom World Heritage Site), with a stop at Boulders Beach, home to a colony of African penguins. This day tour to the Cape of Good Hope is a must-see for visitors and locals.
The Cape Point Explorer leaves Cape Town in the morning and starts with a scenic drive to Boulders Beach, through Muizenberg and Fish Hoek. The guide highlights the different points of interest along the way and is at hand to answer any questions you have about the route, Cape Point and Boulders Beach.
Boulders Beach is home to a colony of endangered African penguins, so this is your once-in-a-lifetime chance to come within metres of them in a natural environment. The pristine beach surrounded by impressive granite boulders is part of Table Mountain Nature Reserve.
After visiting the penguins, your next stop is Cape Point, where you can enjoy a bite to eat before exploring further. The Cape Point Nature Reserve offers some of the most breathtaking mountain and ocean scenery in the world. Using the Flying Dutchman funicular to the viewing point below the lighthouse, you can admire the views across False Bay. There is an optional hike from the Cape of Good Hope to the top of Cape Point. At Cape Point, you can also follow the footsteps of early Portuguese explorers Vasco Da Gama and Bartolomeu Dias, and enjoy a number of short walking trails leading to beautiful beaches and viewpoints.
After a day spent exploring, you can enjoy the coastal drive back to Cape Town via Scarborough and Kommetjie, with spectacular views from the Ou Kaapse Weg mountain pass.
Cape Point lies within the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve which forms part of the Cape Floral Kingdom, the smallest of the world’s floral kingdoms and one of the most diverse. The point was named the Cape of Storms by Bartolomeu Dias in 1488, as it was so dangerous to navigate. Frequent violent storms and harsh winds were famous for forcing ships to run aground on the rocky coastline. The area was made safer in 1859, with the addition of a landmark lighthouse, which is now used as a central monitoring point for all other lighthouses on the coast of South Africa.
A Cape Point Explorer tour includes:
- Transport to and from Cape Point in a luxury air-conditioned coach
- Visit to Boulders Beach
- Entrance to Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Enjoy the Flying Dutchman Funicular at Cape Point
- Live guided tour (in English)
Lunch and entrance to Boulders Beach and the Flying Dutchman Funicular is not included.
The Cape Point Explorer runs daily, with staggered departure times from 9:45 from select hotels and stops in Camps Bay, Sea Point, Green Point and the city, as well as City Sightseeing tour offices at stop 1 (V&A Waterfront) and stop 5 (Long Street). Go to the “Opening Times” tab on this page to open a complete time table. The return time is approximately 17:30.
|Monday||09:25 ~ 10:45*||17:30approx.|
|Tuesday||09:25 ~ 10:45*||17:30approx.|
|Wednesday||09:25 ~ 10:45*||17:30approx.|
|Thursday||09:25 ~ 10:45*||17:30approx.|
|Friday||09:25 ~ 10:45*||17:30approx.|
|Saturday||09:25 ~ 10:45*||17:30approx.|
|Sunday||09:25 ~ 10:45*||17:30approx.|
Monday – Sunday, except 12 March 2017 and 15 April 2017
*The Cape Point Explorer stops at nine different “City Sightseeing” (red bus) stops to pick up passengers. Departure stops:
- (8) Camps Bay Beach Road – Opposite the Bay Hotel 08:55
- (9) President Hotel Sea Point – Corner Queens & Alexander Roads 09:05
- (10) St John’s Road Sea Point – Corner Beach & St John’s Roads 09:10
- (11) Winchester Mansions Sea Point – Beach Road, Opposite the hotel 09:12
- (12) Green Point Beach Road – Next to lighthouse 09:16
- (1) V&A Waterfront City Sightseeing Tour Office 09:30
- (4) Lower Long Street Lower Long Street 09:37
- (5) 81 Long Street City Sightseeing Tour Office & Travel Depot 09:42
- (15) Mount Nelson Hotel Bus Stop Corner Orange & Hatfield Streets 09:47
This is a full-day trip. Tours return approximately 17:30.
Booking essential (make sure you state your pick-up point)
Cape Point Tour Departure Location
Did you know
The Cape of Good Hope is commonly called the southernmost tip of Africa – but this is a misconception! The southernmost tip of Africa is actually Cape Agulhas, lying roughly 150km south east of the Point. The duration of the tour is 8 hours.