Cape Town Sunset Cruise
- Sunset cruise departing from iconic V&A Waterfront
- Fabulous views of Cape coastline from the Atlantic Ocean
- Complimentary South Africa bubbly
- Family-friendly cruise
Experience the famous Cape Town sunset cruise from the harbour at the V&A Waterfront. During the Sunset Champagne Cruise, guests ride the prevailing wind as the sun casts pink shadows on Table Mountain. With a complimentary glass of South African bubbly to salute the setting sun as it dips beyond the horizon, passengers will enjoy a cruise into the Atlantic Ocean that gives perfect views of the iconic Cape coastline. It’s a relaxed and family-friendly cruise, where the highlight is the natural and nautical experience. An on board cash bar provides an array of additional beverages and refreshments.
The V&A Waterfront harbour was not always the bustling hub it is today. It began as a small jetty inbuilt by Jan van Riebeeck in 1654, through a commission by the Dutch East India Company to establish a refreshment station at the foot of Africa. The station enabled ships that had spent many months at sea to stop for freshwater and supplies. This was the foundation of the V&A Waterfront and played an important role in the founding of the city of Cape Town.
- Booking essential, contact: +27 (0)21 418 3168
- Website: www.waterfrontcharters.co.za
- Onboard cash bar (additional beverages and refreshments)
Special T’s & C’s
- Guests must redeem their City Pass offer at the booking office in order to receive a booking pass
- Pre-booking can be done by phone or email or visit the Waterfront Charters office at the V&A Waterfront
- Alcohol served on the vessels is for persons over the age of 18 only.
|Date Of Change – Period Available||Departure||Sunset|
|15th February 2018 to 14th March 2018||18:30||19:39|
|15th March 2018 to 8th April 2018||18:00||19:05|
|9th April 2018 to 31st May 2018||17:30||18:31|
|1st June 2018 to 31st||17:00||17:45|
|1st August 2018 to 25th September 2018||17:30||18:06|
|26th September 2018 to 30th October 2018||18:00||18:45|
|31st October 2018 to 17th November 2018||08:30||19:13|
|18th Novemebr 2018 to 14th February 2018||19:00||19:30|
- Daily sailing times available at booking office or online at www.waterfrontcharters.co.za.
- Closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Booking essential
Advice for visitors
The 90-minute Sunset Champagne Cruise Cape Town is a must-do for Cape Town visitors but is largely weather dependent. Be sure to check the forecast before booking the cruise, as high winds may affect launch times. If you’re lucky enough to catch a still, cloudless evening you’re definitely in for a treat. Be sure to bring a warm jacket, as the temperature always drops with the sun and remember to bring cash as there is a cash bar.
Did you know
According to rumour, Champagne was discovered by accident. The French region of Champagne is the most northern area of the wine-making regions. Sometimes the cold winter weather would interrupt the wine fermentation process. When spring finally arrived, the yeast would start a secondary fermentation, which for a long time winemakers tried to prevent. That is until they discovered the process resulted in the bubbly wine that is now known as champagne. Cheers!