- Delicious and beautifully presented food at The TOKARA Restaurant
- Wonderful display of interesting artwork, sculptures and amazing architecture boasting an industrial flair
- Elegant tasting room offering olive oil, wine tastings and brandy
TOKARA Wine and Olive Farm is a picture-perfect destination situated on the crest of the Helshoogte Pass in the historic winemaking town of Stellenbosch. The estate offers visitors a unique combination of award- winning wines, brandy, Extra Virgin Olive oils, a gallery of fine art, a restaurant featuring one of South Africa’s leading chefs as well as a delicatessen. Enjoy scenic strolls with aromas of fynbos to awaken the senses and beautiful sculptures by various South African artists.
In 1994, GT and Anne-Marie Ferreira purchased the farm on the foothills of the Simonsberg Mountain. The couple’s intention was to build a family home among the old trees, but GT Ferreira soon realised that the farm was situated on some of the best wine grape-growing soils in the region. A smart businessman, GT ventured into the wine industry in 1999 and started creating one of the most breathtaking wineries in the Cape Winelands. The single-minded vision from the outset was to establish TOKARA as a producer of world-class wines, but the farm has transformed into so much more. In addition to the production of award-winning wine, the farm also offers access to contemporary South African art, a Delicatessen where the TOKARA Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made, a Deli, and a family restaurant that serves breakfast and light lunches.
- Special T’s & C’s: Book ahead of the day you wish to visit as the venues are occasionally hired for private functions. TOKARA adheres to COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines implemented by the Government – this may affect operating days and times.
- Closed: 25 December, 1 January
- Booking required: Yes Booking essential
TOKARA Wine Estate
Advice for visitors
If you are visiting Stellenbosch for a day of wining and dining, TOKARA is definitely a farm to enjoy for a few hours – especially in the later afternoon to make the most of the views at sunset. Upon arriving, take note of the fine art gallery leading to the Tasting Lounge where a Wine Tutor will present a tasting of three wines. From there, enjoy a gentle stroll through the Olive groves to the Delicatessen to sample their range of Extra Virgin Olive oils.
Enjoy your tasting on the terrace with the sunset and exceptional views of the valley. Plus, if you buy a bottle on the way out you get your wine tasting wavered. And if you’re a fan of brandy, give their brandy a try too! The bistro type cafe and restaurant is well-suited for families with children.
Did you know
The TOKARA Wine and Olive Farm was named after the owner’s children: Thomas and Kara